Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Family Dinner

Ive decided to start blogging about some of the yummy dinners we make. I'm a beginner cook, so this will help me stay motivated to cook and try new recipes. With this being the summer, I'm trying out a few lighter dishes. This recipe from Cooking Light is called the Corn and Summer Vegetable Saute


I changed it a little by using celery instead of okra and I added chicken, cumin and lime juice. Next time, I think I'll even add a little avocado before serving. I loved all the southwest flavors from the spices and vegetables and the spicy kick from the jalapeƱo.  

I also paired this dish with a sweet wine. I had a Muscat (my fav) on hand. 

Love this wine from the Eberle winery in Paso Robles. 


Hope you decide to give it a try!

Till Next Time! 

Laura

4 comments:

  1. I miss Eberle's Muscat Canelli! We still have some of the wines from our last trip out there -- I miss Paso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Paso so much! I only have a few bottles left from our last trip too. :-(. You can buy Eberle wines at Bloom off of Sandbridge Rd though, if you're ever in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in that area. I'll have to check that out when I can drink again!

    ReplyDelete