Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Foods on a Diet

Now, I'm a sucker for a McDonald's Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuit or an Egg McMuffin or a few slices of pizza from a local chain but let's be honest, I just can't eat those everyday. So I'm excited that I have found new ways to enjoy these foods without sacrificing my gut!

1. Egg McMuffin on a diet*

To make this I use an English muffin, egg beaters (southwest style for a kick), fat free American cheese and Canadian bacon (or any sort of lunch meat)

You could add spinach or tomatoes with this breakfast too


2. Pizza on a diet*

This version of pizza has 1 whole zucchini, 1 cup spinach, a few teaspoons of feta, red pepper flakes and oregano baked  all on top of pita bread

I don't even miss the loads of sauce and cheese. I love this meal for lunch. It fills me up for hours!



3. Strawberry pie on a diet

I follow the Joy of Cooking  recipe (with a store bought crust of course) and instead of using the 1/2 cup of sugar it calls for I use 1/4 cup Splenda sugar blend. It's just as sweet but with half the calories!!





 4. Banana nut muffins on a diet*

I just can't eat cereal every day. I like a little variety. So I love making banana nut muffins to eat for breakfast. It goes great with my morning decaf coffee. These muffins are made with applesauce instead of oil, made with no butter and still taste great!



Im allergic to oat and wheat but all of the above foods can be made with whole wheat flour to make it even healthier! Let me know if you want any full recipes!

*recipes courtesy of the Food Lovers for Life cookbook


Till Next Time!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - all of this looks so delish!!! Thanks so much for sharing - I'm always on the lookout for good subs for my favorite "bad-for-you" meals!

    ReplyDelete