Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Military Fill-In 6-17-11


Underwear Parties, how old is too old? submitted by Wookie & Co.  
Umm.... I would say these type of parties probably arent going to happen any time past college.... but pajama  parties could work at any age :-)

What was your favorite class in high school? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
 My favorite class was drawing and painting. My teacher was color-blind (which I thought was awesome) and he also allowed me to get to class late because I had to train at the ice rink before school. I still remember some of the projects we did in class. He gave me such an appreciation for both types of medium and techniques. Some of my favorites were scratch boardpointillism and of course watercolor.


Have you ever convinced packers/movers to pack something they aren’t supposed to for a PCS? submitted by Ground Control to Major Mom 
I can't say we have but I do remember getting through the California Border Customs stop with a huge plant in the front seat of my husband's car that had the top down. Little did we know, plants aren't exactly allowed across the border. Border patrol realized the plant's existence right as the car was given the ok to pass through. Lets just say, the patrol guy waved for a few seconds but then decided it wasn't worth it. Ha!!


Blogging plays a growing roll in the media. If you were asked to embed as a blogger with a deployed military unit, would you go? What do you think your blog would be like? submitted by To the Nth 
I would think that would be a thrilling experience. I would love to hear about the stories of these deployed soldiers. My blog would probably be about their lives and the real-life conditions they are living in. I would say kind of like that Carrier series that was on PBS. 

Do you think kids should attend year-round school? submitted by Marrying the Navy

I feel that year round schooling could work if there was every intention to focus more on all parts of education instead of just what is needed to pass the state standardized tests. The belief is that year round schooling allows for more time in the classroom. So I would hope that students could spend some of that time learning about the arts, more physical education or take more field trips. I do like year round school's break schedule and this may allow for less learning loss that happens on a typical summer break. I also feel that year round school could work if there was enough money to pay teachers and staff appropriately (this is hard enough as it is) as well as keeping the school building itself functional during the hot summer months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment