Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy Half Birthday Allie!

My baby girl is 6 months old today! 

I can't believe how fast time has flown! 
4 days old
Our  "little blueberry" has grown to our "little one"

She has grown so much these past 6 months and it's so amazing how many things she learns to do each day!

She loves to play with her many toys, these include her exersaucer, jumperoo and play mat. 
Her favorites though are my wallet that she loves to hold and chew on while we're at the store as well as a set of ribbons of different lengths and sizes. She also thinks mom and dad are fun toys too. She loves being swung around, balanced on top of my knees, or being lifted or bounced up and down.



She's such a little talker, babbling about everything. She loves to talk to herself while we are in the car. She is starting to mimic sounds such as "Hahh" and "Mmm" and "aahh". My favorite moment with her talking has been when my mom said hi to her and she said "Haaah" back with a great big smile! 

She loves people. She always smiles at everyone she sees especially when she recognizes her mom and dad.   She loves her grandparents, aunts and uncles and anyone that wants to hold her, ha!

She is discovering many new things and these new things have to go directly into her mouth! She likes to hold and bat at new discoveries with her hands. About few weeks ago she learned how to switch toys back and forth between hands. She is always practicing putting her pacifier back in her mouth, though most of the time it's upside down or sideways. We have also had to start clearing anything from her arms reach while at a dinner table. Ohh and she has recently found her toes too. It's so cute when she sucks on them.


She has started to not only recognize our voices but she has started to recognize the cat and dogs. She watches them while she plays or eats and grabs for the cat's tail any chance she gets. She also loves kisses from the dogs. She has learned how to give kisses as well! Although, they are definitely wet open mouthed kisses!

As of yesterday she started sitting on her own for a short amount of time. She still loves when I hold her while she sits. She still needs to sense that that I'm right there behind her in case she falls.


I love how I can tell if she likes a new food or not. She not only smiles when she likes a new food but she says "mmm mmm mmm" while she eats the new food. She really does this with pears! It's also funny when she smiles while trying to eat because the food comes right back out. I just love how happy she is.


She loves the water; boating, bath time and now swimming! Last week my brother and I took her to the pool for the first time. She loved splashing the water and looking at her feet. She even stuck her face in the water for a brief second a few times. I didn't like this very much, definitely scared me but she would quickly pick her head back up with her eyes closed and shake the water off her face! She also loved when I spun her around in a circle. Too cute!

I'm excited to see what the next 6 months are going to be like!

Till Next Time!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment