Friday, August 5, 2011

Spamtastic!

This past week we visited my Dad's hometown of Austin, MN. It's a small town in southern Minnesota that's about 2 hours from Minneapolis. 
One of the must-dos in Austin is visiting the Spam Museum


Spam originated here in Austin in 1937. It was created by the Hormel Corporation. The same guys who make canned chili, canned ham and other meats. 


Did you know that Spam is really just Spicy Ham.... and ALOT of salt, ha!

The museum had plenty of fun hands on games for kids of all ages to play!

Here we are canning Spam in a race against the clock!
 Apparently, the plant is more efficient at canning than me!

The military LOVES Spam. It was a great way to feed the troops!


Allie had a great time learning all about Spam!

Gotta love SPAM

Till Next Time!
Laura

2 comments:

  1. I was born in Honolulu. Therefore, I love SPAM. LOL

    We only eat it in fried rice, though. It's my comfort food. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you for the liebster award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete