Monday, May 30, 2011

Morning Walk on the Beach

One of my new favorite things to do is taking a morning walk on the beach. It's so peaceful with the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the slight breeze blowing at your back. It's a great change to the same old walk in my neighborhood or the park. I love it because beach workouts are also great for your quads, hamstrings, gluts and calf muscles!

 It's been a long time since I've lived so close to the shore. I lived in VA Beach for a few years as a child but this was short lived due to another military move that came my family's way.  Jesse and I lived about 3 hours from the coast while living in California so it was hard to do a morning walk on the beach unless we of course stayed overnight somewhere.

Jesse and I fortunately live very close to the shore after this last move so we can take advantage of this treat often. This particular morning we decided to take my family who came to visit of the weekend. It was great to see my parents reminiscing about this particular beach because this was the same beach they took me too as a child. It was my mom's go to spot to take the kids while my Dad was on deployment.



Baby Allie enjoying the waves

Those waves put her to SLEEP!


The crabs were busy at work that morning.......this one didn't want his picture taken! Jesse enjoyed kicking sand on him after I was done taking his photo..... (He's such a boy, ha!)

My mom found a perfect sand dollar! Ive never seen one this put together!

I'm glad I got a picture of it because Jesse ended up putting it in his pocket, forgot about it and found it again completely disintegrated while we were shopping at Target. (I forgot to tell him how fragile they are.)

Anyways, we had such a great morning and great 3 mile walk on the beach!


Till next time!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hello, sanddollar! They are my obsession. Really, they are. I haven't had much luck finding big {whole} ones here, but we are pros at scouring for sanddollars when we're on Ocracoke Island in NC. ;)

    ReplyDelete